Monday, September 13, 2010

6 weeks

Dearest Ailee Mae...

We are now at the 6 week mark of your life. You still spend most of your day sleeping, but when you do wake, you love to watch your brother and of course stare at all the bright lights. You are doing great at night, only waking one time between 3-5am. Thank you for that, by the way. It make all the difference. If you do fuss, which is only when you have a dirty diaper or you need to eat, Griffin asks, "mom, what's she mad about." He always wants to know where you are and how you are doing. You are starting to smile too, but I'm not ready to put it down in your calendar quit yet. You are moving your mouth like you want to talk to us. Oh, and your eyes, they are the most beautiful blue. There's a lighter ring of blue right around your pupil and they just shine so wonderfully.

You have been a total dream thus far. You seem to be even more mellow than your brother was at your age, which is hard to believe. Your favorite position to sleep is on our chests. You always snuggle right in and are zonked out forever. You also LOVE to be sleep on your side, just like your Momma. I hope you look back and enjoy looking at the pictures of yourself, 'cause I just can't get enough of you. Be ware...there's lots of new headbands to try, so I hope you love them as much as I do.



Little Ailee, you are changing my world. I wasn't sure how I would do with a little girl, but I'm blessed by just your being. I love the pink in your room and I'm in awe of your feminine heart. I look forward to growing together and discovering how to raise a daughter in such a way for you to blossom into the woman God has planned for you to be.

1 comment:

Ashley Beth said...

How is she already 6 weeks old?! I am in a time warp over here. She is truly precious. Isn't it funny how little girls are just different from boys right from the start? I love that you are getting a chance to experience the sweetness of a little girl and still enjoy the rough and tumble of a little boy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...