Saturday, October 16, 2010

a little scare

Miss Ailee Mae-
You gave us quite the scare last week.  We were in the garage ready to head to the ER, when I finally got you calmed down.  We still aren't exactly sure what was going on, but you were one upset little girl.  Like 45 minutes prior to all this, I put Burts Bees baby oil on your head to remove the dry skin that has accumulated there, I put on a hat as to not get the oil everywhere.  I put you in the swing to finish up some last minute things before heading to Life Group.  I heard you fussing and headed over to the swing, I noticed you had fallen down and bit so I lifted you by the arm pits to put you up a bit in the swing.  Once I did that you really started crying, within 5 minutes you were screaming like I have never heard you scream.  I knew something was different.  You never act that way.  I thought maybe you were having a reaction to the oil or maybe I had hurt your shoulder some how.  I immediately put you in the tub to wash your head.  You did calm down a bit at that point, but as soon as daddy walked in the door from work, you really picked up the screaming again.  We got you out and then tried moving your arms to see if your shoulder was hurt.  We couldn't tell 'cause no matter what we did you just kept screaming.  I finally got a diaper on you and daddy said, "we can't keep trying to figure this out, we gotta go."  So we gathered our things and headed out the door: you in just a diaper, Griffin in no shoes, and your Mom and Dad, in quit a panic.  I'll never forget the look in your eyes, so sweet and pure, you looked at me as if to say, Momma make it stop.  It broke my heart not being able to make it all go away.  Like I said earlier, once we finally decided to go, you started to calm down.  We waited a minute out there and then made our way back inside.  Exhaustion set in from all the screaming and you fell asleep, hard...in my arms. 

We realized three things: insurance is a good thing, you didn't dislocate your should and you didn't have a reaction to the oil.  What we don't know is why you were screaming, only that you stopped!!  Our best guess is some sort of stomach pain or GI issue.  You haven't had any more episodes, and we are very grateful!  Lord, thanks for watching over our Ailee Mae girlie. 

1 comment:

Denise said...

Awww...I am so glad all is well.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...