Tuesday, September 13, 2011

sun eventually follows

 

Griffin:
What would we do without you?  There was one day during our vacation when I went down to the beach alone.  I sat and sat there, just thinking I should love this peace and quiet (although beautiful and yes peaceful) but, you weren't there running around filling buckets, doing crazy dances, squealing, building castles, and chasing waves.  So, I packed up my stuff and headed right back to the room.  I told daddy, I have to wake him...so I did.  The three of us headed back down to the beach together. Your sister slept and grandma stayed to look after her, it worked out perfectly. 

And you know what happened, I felt such peace.  We built castles, daddy made pretend farmlands, we ran through waves and you and daddy played football.  I loved it.  You are such a dream. 
I have so many great memories of you in Florida.  Your first soda, first face painting, first beach experience and seeing your love of fountains. 

All these things made my vacation so fulfilling.  Every time you took a sip from your "very cool" can you made such a grimicing face and acted like you loved it. 

We said, it looks painfully delishous.  You wanted to get your face painted just like Gavin did on his vacation.  This was really big for you, you almost backed out, but you stayed the course and we're all really proud of you for trying something new.  

The beach, where do we begin...not only was it the beach, it was in the South, WHICH, I'm certain we're Southern people stuck in mountain-town bodies.  I digress, you loved the beach once we coaxed you into hanging out there and checking out all the cool stuff we can do there. 

God was really working on my heart while we were gone.  Lesson: contentment.  The first two days were really overcast followed by our first encounter with a tropical storm for another 3 days.

Albeit amazing, we weren't exactly there as storm chasers.  I felt like it was the curse of another Pollard vacation...a bummer. 

 You, you didn't notice at all.  Daddy and I kept saying, well actually he kept telling me, "if the kids are happy, we should be too."  He was so right, all you cared about was being with your parents, your Ailee girl, and maybe getting a few new toys :-).  I'm learning that God doesn't care if we have rain our whole vacation, He cares about my heart.  Is my heart in the right place, if so, you better believe we are going to have an amazing time together.  I'm still learning little man, will you please help me love moments as you do?  I so desire to have joy in my circumstances, location, company, the weather,  health, and life...

The weather pulled through for us, for 3 straight days.  While my heart still needs some work, our vacation was picture perfect in the end.  Storms come and the sun eventually follows.  Griff, we found our spot.  It's in Seaside, Florida.  We love it and we're most definitely going back.  We dreamed of buying a place there where you and Ailee could one day each take your families to visit.  Time will tell.  We love that you are in our story.

Maezie,
You did it.  You learned to walk in Florida. 
Your expression is forever etched in my memory.  You had the look of such pride, such excitement and determination for new adventures. 


You, little one, fill us with constant joy. 

 Just watching you laugh, especially at Griffin, brings us all the joy one could muster.  We are learning more about you as you come into your own.  You are a lover first, always offering up kisses, and one kiss won't do, it's more like 3 or 4.  Also, a added bonus, you come in mouth open. 

You were a great little traveler, you slept well on the plane and in our condo...Thank you :-) 

You absolutely loved the pool and most definitely hated to the beach. 

do you see what I see?  Yep, those are socks...looks like they didn't lessen that pain much.


 You are not a fan of sand, but sister, trust me you will grow to adore it.  One thing is certain, in that beach sunset light, you eyes glow and draw me in to you even more.  There was a day when we got out on the beach and decided the Ergo would be perfect for you.  So, daddy and I packed you in and went for a walk.  It was another one of those peaceful moments, you on my back and the three of us walking the shore line looking for shells.  Had you not been there, it wouldn't have filled my heart the way it did.  You felt the peace too, you snuggled in and zonked out for about an hour. 


I love what you do to me.  I dreamed of having you long before you ever came to our family.  You too, could be a Southern girl, but while we are here in CO, I'll work on getting you some sweet bows for that hair. 

I love you two with all my heart and had the best vacation, as a family, to date :-)

1 comment:

Marisa said...

Love. Just LOVE. Thanks for sharing, Jess. Such gifts, those precious babes of yours are. I've got some hair goodies for your lovely strolling lady. Hope to see you soon, friend.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...