Saturday, April 12, 2008

Garden - Step 2

Plant The Seeds...
This morning Cyndi called and said, "It's planting time." I'll be the first to say, I have no idea how to garden...but in years passed, I let the summer go 'cause I didn't know where to begin...so this year will be a TOTAL learning experience. Like, for example, I started these seeds today and just put one hole in each cup and placed the seeds in there- was I supposed to put a few holes in each cup, was I supposed to put just 2 seeds in the hole? When I get 5 plants growing in my small cup, I'll know that was wrong. Then there's a question of watering, oh where do I begin? Oh and one other thing...BUGS. How do I keep those nasty things away from my garden without chemicals? Speaking of keeping things away, how in the world will I keep our "sweet" bulldog out?

4 comments:

Charity said...

Hey Jess- yay for gardening! I had a blast last year with mine. We had TONS of jalapenos, green chilies and tomatillos so I made a yummy green sauce all summer long. Have fun!

Charity said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Brad and Lezlee Strong said...

You are amazing! Seriously! Those look perfect! Thanks for the visit tonight! We loved visiting! Griff is seriously a heart throb jess! I LOVE HIM! He's perfect! He just needs to spend more time with his Aunt lezlee!

Charity said...

Brian- is better- out of ICU and ready to start walking with his back brace. Garden- We planted directly into the ground, but we didn't use seeds- there just isn't a long enough growing season here. We didn't start the garden until middle May, and that was good- it can still freeze until then.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...