Friday, January 28, 2011

3 years and 20 days...


Griffin,
After picking you up tonight from Grace Kids, Mr. Miles looked at me with the most honest look and said, "what a great kids that is, and he's so smart."  I'm pretty sure my eyes opened wider and my heart suddenly grew a smidge.  You really are!  You are learning by the day, by the hour...I love when you tell me what letter a word starts with, what their sound is and how you can play with your motorcycles for hours on end without tiring...now only if Mama could follow suite. 

I woke up and you turned 3, how is that possible?  Over the past few days we've been watching videos of you around 18 months, which you love, and it's hard for me to even remember you at that age.  You take my heart and make me into something else.  Did you know, all I ever wanted to be was a Mama?  You made that possible.  BTW, you are far beyond what I ever imagined.  You have your Daddy and I constantly laughing and looking at each other with a look of, did you teach him that?  You know the thing I most admire about you?  Your love for Ailee.  It touches my heart in ways you'll never know.  From the moment you saw her you have been giving her kisses and lovin' on her.  Oh, Lord, may that never end.  Your Mama is ever so proud of you.


Making dinner together in most definitely, at the moment, one of my favorite times with you.  You pretend to read the recipe and tell how much of a certain ingredient we need.  You are always up for any cooking.  I love how you get things out of the fridge for us, checking them off our list.  


Here's to documenting my kiddos lives in 2011.  Bring it :-)



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...