Sunday, January 11, 2009

He's 1, he's really 1

On Thursday, the 8th, his actual birthday, Griff and I met Jeff for lunch at the Stone House. It was nice to get out and celebrate our little boy. After lunch, we met my MIL to try on Griff's first pair of cowboy boots...wait until you see these things. They are TDF...John Deere, with green on top and tan leather on the bottom, so cute. Anyway, back to the house for a nap and dinner and then off to Ouray for a night at the pool. Our friends let us use their passes so it makes for a great deal and great time. Although, it was a bit breezy and cold, we still enjoyed our time. The pictures that will follow will also include our family party that we had on Saturday. My family from Steamboat and lots of Pollards from Junction made the trip and made our day. Thank you to all of you for lovin' on our guy.

Griffin...
I've dreamt of you for as long as I can remember. All I can say about that is you far exceed everything I thought it meant to be a mom. I am truly honored to be chosen to raise you and teach you about the love of Christ...and to experience a few wild times in between.

Griff, I'll never forget those first few weeks after you were born. I loved to hold you and smell your head. Even now the smell of Burts Bees baby lotion takes me back to your room just holding your little body while sitting in the rocking chair. I secretly loved when you woke up in the middle of the night, so I could just hold you in the stillness of those moments. The music was playing softly in the background and your meticulously decorated room fills my memory, also the low light from your lamp gave off just the right amount of light to take it all in. You were perfect and so sweet and I loved to nurse you. I took so many pictures, 'cause it seemed like you changed by the hour. As I look back at those from time to time, I'm so thankful for the memories that they bring back. But, the truth is, no pictures are sweeter then the ones in my mind. You are a blessing beyond words and I pray that I can live up to all God calls me to be as your mom. Being honest, I know I won't. I'll fail and let you down, but by God's grace I pray that you will see how much we love you and want what's best for you. Griffin Shields, may you grow to be a man of God and stand apart in this world.

Happy Birthday Little Man...all the love...Momma and Dada

(i wish you guys could hear him chattering now as I type..."dub-d, dub-d,dah dah, daddy, da eee, eeaah, ooh-ee, ooh-ee, daddy, dad-bee, doh, da da da, oooha, bbaahh, de de dah...aah heee, dub-d, dub-d....)

3 comments:

Danie said...

What a gift you've been given! Such a handsome little man. Wish we could have been there. Hugs!

Ashley Beth said...

Yay! Happy birthday little guy! Can you believe how fast time flies? I'm so glad that you are enjoying the blessing of parenthood. What a lucky guy to have parents who love him so much!

Oh, you asked about the diapers I'm using. I'm hooked on Bum Genius cloth diapers. I never tried anything else and I liked these a lot, so that's what I went with. I think they are really similar to the ones you use. I am washing them myself, no service for us! I'd rather do it myself, that way I know it's done right! :) I just started, I'll let you know how it goes. I'll probably have a few questions for seasoned cloth diaper users like yourselves!

Blessings to you today...

Ashley Unverferth

Brad and Lezlee Strong said...

HE IS ADORABLE! I can't believe how fast a year has gone. He is beautiful Jessie and we love love love him! I wanted to cry reading your post about when he was a newborn. That time goes by so fast. We miss seeing him around in the neighborhood, but thanks for sharing his chubby cheeks while you were here! You guys are a beautiful family and I loved looking at all the pics. My fav was the one with the twins and griffin looking out the window! Those rascals are DARLING! Happy Birthday griff! We LOVE YOU!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...