Monday, January 26, 2009

MEMORIES...

Like the corner of my mind...

Early this fall, my aunt emailed me about borrowing this horse. It may not seem like much to the average eye, but this simple rocking horse embodies my childhood. Here's her email:

"Hi Jessie, How is everyone? I have been in the Quonset Hut all day and every time I pass the Rocking Horse I think of Griff . Let me know when and if you would like to use it. He is so cute! I was looking at the pictures you sent and was wishing I could see him."

My reply:

"ARE YOU SERIOUS???? I would LOVE to borrow that horse. This is bringing tears to my eyes. That horse is so special to me, it takes me back to when my whole family lived together in summit county. Thank you for thinking of me. let me pull myself together..."

What a gift, although I realize I'm only borrowing...(don't worry Shannon, Griff's just getting him ready for your little ones...) I'm extremely blessed to share this with my son. He may never realize the magnitude of what it symbolizes to me, but I know he'll enjoy the many hours that are to come upon the back of 'ol "BOB ROBIN" which is now his name, thanks to Natasha! It's not every day that I can play with Griffin on the same toy I spent hours on as a kid. What a cool thing to pass along for many generations to come. Carran, who would have thought when you bought this that so many kids would get to share in it's experience?







Oh and of course, he couldn't ride Bob Robin without a pair of John Deere cowboy boots. I mean, be honest, you're dying over these boots. I just love 'em!

1 comment:

Ashley Beth said...

So cute! My boys have a rocking horse named Buttermilk that they got passed down to them when they turned 1. It was my husband's when he turned 1, and before that it was my mother-in-law's (my husband's mom) when she turned 1. Those family treasures are so special. I hope Griff enjoys his special time with the treasure! Cute pics!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...