Thursday, February 17, 2011

Arrived.

About a week ago, I saw something that said, "what is your word of the year"?  I thought for a long time...blessed,yes... hope,yes... love, got lots of that... family, couldn't be happier; but that wasn't it.
Then it hit me,
"ARRIVED." 

I later heard someone say, arrived means you have no where to go.  I was suddenly saddened for her.  I wanted to yell out, it is SO far from no where to go,  it's, I'm finally in just the right place. It's, the journey is only beginning. It's, thank you, God, I've "arrived" at just the place you have created me to be, to live, to grow, to learn....yes, I'm there. 

FYI...hubs just texted and asked if I wanted Starbucks...ARRIVED!!

The thing about arriving is that you sure haven't figured it all out, it's only just beginning.  Take this little love, below, as an example.  He's now 3, have I mentioned that he's 3. WOW.  Wow, does mean, he's amazing, he loves big, he learns big (recognizes all his letters and knows their sound, wow), BUT he also argues BIG, talks back BIG, and wants now, BIG.  I'm learning, we're learning.  


It's not all cuddles, laughs, and fun.  No, it's a lot of learning on both our parts.  We, as parents are willing to take on the role, in order for him to learn who he was created to be, for him to "arrive".  I know he wouldn't find it, if we left him to his own ways.  I have to be honest, it hurts, it sucks, but we're called to love him through it.  There are days I'm not sure I'll make it to 4, then there's those moments I wish time would stand still.  Like when he grabs his sister's head and pulls it toward him so he can give her a kiss right where he wants to.  Oh, and it's not just one kiss, it's like 3 or 4...then he'll run and hit something with his bat and come back and kiss her again.  He loves BIG.

This little corner of land we are now trekin' around is totally worth it.  We'll get through this, he's get through it, and we be able to put a push pin in the map, look back and see where we've been.   It'll be nice to say we've explored it and now we're on to a new location.  I love that. 

So, yes..."Arrived" will be my word of the year!

Here's to much more exploring.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...