Monday, April 18, 2011

Loleeta

Three years ago, we attended Jeff's Grandma's 80th birthday party with the WHOLE extended family.  Being relatively new to the family and having just had Griffin 2 months before, I was excited to catch up with all his cousins and aunts and uncle and for them to see our little guy.  There was one family I didn't know very well, Dave and Leeta's...  Well, guess who I got sat by?  Loleeta.  And boy did she LOVE on our baby.  We both had these little boys, her's 13 months and mine 2 months.  I remember telling her some of my new mom worries and I'll always take away from that night the sweet encouragement that she gave me. 

This picture was taken 7 months after the birthday dinner, but it's the oldest one i have of the two little guys

Her love for my family and me has never stopped.  She is constantly thinking of ways to help us out, give us date nights, bring us freezer meals, watch our kids and just plain love on us.  Oh and if I do happen to watch her kids, she always has a Starbucks in hand upon drop off.  I'll never be able to pay her back. 

Loleeta, you are a true gem.  Seriously.  I love that we are family and friends by choice.  Whenever I see you, you brighten my day.  I love your authenticity and your sweet heart.  I'm blessed to be in your circle. 

Much love to on your birthday.  Thanks for letting us love on YOU this time.  Hope you enjoyed your brunch!

looks who's lovin' on my baby AGAIN!

props to Jayna for hosting and decorating :-)


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...