Monday, January 16, 2012

He's 4!

He's 4.  It's bitter sweet...yah yah yah...I won't go into that here, 'cause I poured into Griff's journal on this topic.  The only I could really get out of Griffin for a party was flashlight hide and go seek...so we went with it.  I was leaning toward a detective theme, but everything I saw was a bit cheesy, and it wasn't coming together.  SOOO in my search, of course on pinterest, I came across the "mustache bash" theme.  I went with it and it turned out so cute.  His birthday kinda caught my by surprise this year, so I must admit, I cheated and used a TON of stuff off of ETSY this year. 

I read a blog my lovely friend/cousin, Loleeta, posted about the perfect "mom blog," so here's a little blog truth for you...the morning of Griff's party he started crying saying he didn't want a mustache party, but instead wanted a DINOSAUR party.  A dino party?? this kid has never touch a dinosaur in his life, his father hates dinosaurs, and I have NOTHING ready for a dinosaur party.  We ended up talking our way through it and he did get excited and enjoy it, so there's some "mom blog" truth for you.
As a photographer, the camera is a bit haunting.  What I mean by that is, I always have to be ready for the perfect shot, which leaves me less than present in situations/parties/what have you.  BUT if you give it up and are present it always lingers in your mind that you are missing the shot of a lifetime.  I gave it up for this party.  My FABULOUS sil, Denise, took almost ALL of these shots for me and I love them.  I am so grateful she did this for me.  I had my phone ready for a few shots and yes I did use it, but not very much. 

Thank you to everyone who helped me pull this off.  I KNOW I couldn't have done it without all of YOU!




















 The flashlight hide and go seek was a totaly success.  So very fun! 

1 comment:

Keri said...

I'm so far behind on blog reading, so excuse my late commenting! I love this theme-so cute & makes for the best pics. Grif is so big & so handsome. I can't wait to see you guys & let the kids play. We're working on getting settled & then we'll have to head over for a visit. Happy Easter & Spring friends!

Keri

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...