Sunday, July 3, 2011

Experiment 52, #23 {THE 5k}

The day finally came...it was time to see if I would survive my first 5k.  Not only did I survive, I got forth place in my age group with a time of 29 minutes.  I'm thankful for those that encouraged me to run and I look forward to this becoming a lifestyle for me.  I hear there's another race in GJ at the end of July and another in town here in the fall.  I hope I look back on this someday and have a 10k under my belt.  BUT for now, I'm proud of my work thus far.  FYI, third place was 27.3...so I have a little work to do, but I'm planning on placing next race :-)




Honestly, I do this first for me and then for these guys.  I love that my kids know that we run together in the morning and they see me make the effort to be healthy.  I hope this sets a pattern for them as well.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...