Sunday, July 31, 2011

Experiment 52, # 27 {The days before...}

...she turned ONE. 
Believe it or not, I had never seen the Colorado, wild flowers in FULL bloom until this last weekend.  We made it a two day ordeal.  The first day was in Crested Butte and the second day was in Ouray, Yankee Boy Basin, to be exact. 
I was completely blown away at the beauty.  Everywhere you looked there were meadows full of the most vibrant reds, purples, blues and yellows.  It seemed so fitting to be in such natural beauty as we celebrated our girl. 
She too is beautiful.  Her eyes.  They light up my whole world.  It's like looking at them for the first time every time.  I'm certain I'll never tire of fully taking them in.  I love what I see in those eyes.  Security. Hope. Truth. Innocence. 


Over the next few days we will celebrate her, her first year.  Unlike a lot of moms, I'm thrilled she's about to reach this amazing milestone.  She's beginning to connect more, communicate, move, kiss, love and experience what we love about our family, each other.
Yes, those days of holding her tiny body, resting my face on her sweet smelling head, and watching her perfect little body rise and fall as she sleeps, are only but a memory, photograph or video now, but...I'm excited for the new ones to come. 

photo by Caryn Ahern

We love this adventurous and spirited one. 

This past week she only wants her Momma, I know this stage will pass too.  At times it's wearing and others times I hope it lasts longer than I know it will. 
Thank you, God, for knowing that I needed her,

 and that they needed her too.

I know we only have today, I pray I never really know what that means.
Ailee, you turn 1 tomorrow.  You now have a number :-)
I love all the color you bring to our home. 
Blue in your eyes, pink in your clothes, red in your TOOTHLESS smiles, and the caramel in your hair.  We love you right up to the moon...and back.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...