Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Prep for the party...

You spend so much time getting ready and it's over before you can sit back and enjoy it.  It's a good thing I LOVED every minute of preparing for our girl's first birthday party.  Jeff kept telling me, with all the hours and hours you have spent getting ready, I sure hope you truly love all this crafting.  Come to find out, I DO!!  I got my inspiration from a few blogs, this onethis onethis one and and this one.  There were at least two trips to GJ's Hobby lobby, our walmart and target, and my mom and j's mom's cute stashes. 

The theme was: Cute As A Button...meets Roses on a Summer Night.
This was by far my favorite project and also took the most time.  It's funny to look at these super feminine "kissing balls" and realize I made these and yes, they are really cute. Who would  have thought?  They are made with streamers.  One pretty rolled rose at a time...


The beginnings of the birthday banner...then in the next picture, I'm doing the final step of hot gluing the ribbon to the paper...next time I might attempt fabric.  Paper was great for the first go round.
This below is Ailee's name banner that will go under the cake table.  My color theme: pink and gray.  My SIL told me I needed to add another color, I fought her hard, but she won in the end and I had to humbly tell her how amazing the blue looked.  Good choice, D!!

cell phone pic...


Type A!! to do list:   Yes, it's true, I typed my to do list for the party.  Oh man, sometimes the truth hurts. hahaha

For the party favors I found TDF gift boxes from hobby lobby.  We (meaning D, who stayed up until 1am) filled them with sugar cookies that looked like buttons and a couple other small round cookies.  She then glue coordinating buttons and wrote out each child's name on each one.  Team effort, I tell ya.  The finished product will be posted in the next post.

This is my Mom's touch: she filled these glass containers I got at Hobby Lobby with all of her REAL pearl buttons.  Good eye, mom.
  

Thanks Jeff, for putting up with little pieces of paper, streamers, and more buttons then you can imagine, all around our house for a few weeks.  Also, Mom and D, you pulled through for me at just the right time.  And Mil, we so appreciate you opening your home to all our friends and giving us the freedom to do whatever we wanted.  And Mostly, thank you LORD for giving us our little girl to celebrate. 

1 comment:

Freed Family said...

Beautiful party and beautiful little one year old!! You did an amazing job! Really raised the bar girl!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...