Monday, March 7, 2011

Our Rock...Part 1

Jeff and I met on eharmony.  Yep it's true.  There, I said it, it's out!

With all the greatness and joy that this little website ;-) brought into my life, it started out very differently.  The beginning included a lot of soul searching, fear, walls, a despeartion to hear God's voice, anxiety, and uncertainty. 


It's a funny thing, dating.  Everyone loves their dating experiences, us, not so much.  BUT not everyone loves their marriage, us, YES.  All those things we had to go through to get us to where we are today. 


Caryn Ahern Photography


At the time, 23 years old, I was searching for my location in life.  I had already been through 3 colleges, 3 majors and was attending my 4th and final college.  I did graduate, which was the goal.  My degree, well you know the saying, "those that can't wed, they plan" isn't that from the Wedding Planner?  I think so... anyway, those that can't get it together, they help others, right? 

My greatest desert: acting like I had it all together. 

My degree, Sociology: emphasis in Family Studies.  I was pretty much searching for the answers and hoping one day I could have a family, first of all and secondly, serve to restore the most sacred institute: the family. 

My story of restitution could never have come from my pad of paper, I will assure you that.  Only God could have written this story.  The harder I tried to push, the closer he inched.

So, yes, it was at this time a friend convinced me to sign up for eharmony.  It's only 30 days, I'm in a new town, no friends, not much going on, what do you I have to lose?  What the H, I'm in. 

We met on December 7, 2003. 

Have you ever had an experience where the very thing you were looking for, was the worst thing for you? 
I was NOT looking for a Jeff, but oh did the LORD want to give him to me.  This gift, of all gifts, shows God's faithfulness to me.
The harder I pushed away, the more faithful he was.  He pursued. He loved. He encouraged. He prayed. He cried.  He fell on his knees before the Lord.

I cry now to think about what I could have missed. 

Not all gifts have a bright red bow, but some do come with the most amazing blue eyes.

2 comments:

Ashley Beth said...

May the Lord bless, strengthen and deepen your marriage as the years go by. It is such a gift, that love that you share. Receive it and be thankful! :)

Danielle Heit said...

What a great post. I leaned a lot about you I didn't know. ;) You are such a beautiful writer.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...